|2019 Volunteer Sign-Up Page|
Become a NIEA Volunteer!
Join us in welcoming hundreds of attendees at NIEA’s 50th Annual Convention & Trade Show from October 8 - 12, 2019 in Minneapolis, MN.
This convention attracts educators and advocates from all over the country who come and learn best practices to create safe and secure learning environments so Native students can thrive in the classroom and beyond.
We NEED the help of volunteers like you to make it happen! Here are just a few of the jobs we are needing help with:
Bag Stuffing (Monday, Oct 7th):
- Set up convention bags and inserts in assembly line style
Pre-Registration & On-site registration (Tuesday, Oct. 8th – Saturday, Oct. 12th):
- Handout Convention Packets and bags to pre-registered attendees
Trade Show Registration (Wednesday, Oct 9th – Saturday, Oct 12th):
- Provide pre-registered trade show attendees with their registration packets.
Convention Merchandise Sales (Tuesday, Oct. 8th - Saturday Oct. 12th):
Greeter (Tuesday, Oct 8th - Saturday Oct 12th):
- Greet participants as they arrive at the MN Convention Center and direct them as needed.
NIEA is looking to recruit 10 volunteers to work five (5) hours on Monday, Oct 7th to assist with convention bag stuffing. These hours will go toward your total 8 hours of volunteer service.
Volunteers working eight (8) or more hours between Tuesday October 8th through Saturday, Oct 12th will have the opportunity to receive free registration for the convention.
1. Please fill out the form to the right to register to volunteer. We ask that you include what days you are available and if possible work more than one day to gain the total 8 hours of volunteer service.
2. Choose which job you would like to do and we can factor that in accordingly.
3. A volunteer coordinator will be in touch to discuss your availability. Reminders with detailed information will be sent to the email provided as we get closer to convention.
4. An orientation day will be scheduled. The day, time, and location will be sent to the email provided on the volunteer form.
5. NIEA hopes all volunteers are able to attend orientation to ensure a seamless registration and convention.
6. You will be required to sign in with the volunteer coordinator to clock your hours during convention to make sure you are covering your shifts.